You are embarking on a new venture. You are all ready to get to work, but you need to find a space where you can do that work. Free from distractions (as much as possible) and in a space that will inspire you to do the best work possible. Wether you are crafting your own product, writing a blog to inspire others, or providing a service for clients, you have to set your workspace up for success.
This post contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure HERE.
Let’s check out some workspace inspiration! My designer heart is bursting!
You may not have a designated room in your home you can use for a workspace, so you may have to get creative and tuck one in where you can. This small space has everything you need to get to work. Storage, task lighting, and a clear surface to work on.
This home office/craft room has EVERYTHING your heart desires. Storage, large surfaces to create your product, task lighting where it is needed. I think I could even get creative in this space.
You may have a team working with you so multiple workspaces are needed. You can still have this in your home if you have the space. Or, it may be time to think about renting an office space.
What do you need to set your workspace up for success?
- You need a space. A space in your home or in a separate location. Although working at your dining room table may be convienent, it isn’t going to function well for the long term. You will get tired of seeing all that stuff all over your table. So commit today to deciding what space you are going to use when you are working on your business.
- A surface to work on. A table to make your product, a desk to write your articles, whatever you are going to be doing as an entrepreneur will require you to have a surface to work on. It might seem great to sit in your chair while you blog your day away, but you will find that distractions will get the best of your time. Having a space with a surface to work on (even if it is a piece of wood sitting on a couple of filing cabinets, which by the way could be totally cool) will get you in the right mindset to build your dream.
- Storage. Every workspace needs storage. Without storage options your workspace will become chaotic and you will not be able to be creative. Bookshelves, storage bins, pen holders, peg board, cork board. There are so many clever ways to put storage in your workspace to keep you organized and productive.
- Lighting. The type of business you have will determine the kind of lighting you need. Task lighting (desk lamps) will help with close up projects. Over head lighting will make it easy to see everything you are doing. Natural light will be a must have if you have to take photos. Don’t skimp on lighting when setting your workspace up for success.
- Tools of the trade. Your workspace needs to have all the tools for you to be able to do what you do. Bloggers need a computer, artists need paints and brushes, photographers need a light kit. Make a list of all the items you need to physically work on your business and check them off as you get them. There is nothing worse than starting a project only to find out you don’t have what you need.
- Decor. Every space needs some decor. Artwork on the walls, a comfy chair for a client (or your spouse) to sit in, or a great sheepskin foot stool (yep, I had to go there!) to prop your feet on while you take a break. The decor should reflect your personality and inspire you.
Don’t forget to pin for later!
Setting your workspace up for success is important. You want to be able to work distraction free, be organized, and have everything you need to work on your business. Most importantly you want the space to inspire you to do your best work.
Once your workspace is set up for success you will be ready to crush those big goals and build your dream.
Where do you do your best work? Do you have a separate space or are you still stuck at the dining room table? Tell me in the comments below!!
Have a great day!
SHOP MY FAVORITE OFFICE MUST HAVES